Sunday, August 24, 2008

Downing the Darky's Knob !!


The intrepid peewee reports on his weekend holiday to Scotland....

This weekend, you might say I shared your taste for darkmeat! In Glasgow, all the chip shops sell a Scottish delicacy that is essentially a deep fried black pudding sausage, as per the attached photo. However, the local term for this dish is a 'Darky's Knob'! These things are about 12 inches long, massively thick and very filling indeed. In honour of you, my Empress, I duly ordered one last night. I was immediately overwhelmed by the size of the thing and how hot it was to the touch. I sportingly tried to force the whole darky's knob down my throat but it ultimately proved just too big and too rich for my tastes. Despite coming up short, I felt utterly stuffed, like never before. And I'd only managed half of it! I suppose I can now relate, in a metaphoric sense at least, to how all you pretty girls must feel after you've spent the night gobbling a darky's knob! It is certainly a more satisfying experience than poking around at the usual fish 'n' chips!

No comments: