Wednesday, January 09, 2008

The Cat Power Dilemma



Celebrity sightings are a daily or nightly happening in Miami. But most SoFlo people tend to half ignore celebs here which is one reason why celebs party Miami. They aren't under the NY or LA magnifying glass, sizzling like ants. Miami is a snooty city and peeps tend to think they are just as fabulous or legendary in their own mind and don't kiss celebrity ass. However, my friends and I will share celebrity spottings, but our impressions aren't always kind: he looks shorter in person! she looks fugly without make-up! she looks like a tranny!

Still, there is one person I keep hoping I will run into in Miami Beach. Cat Power, one of my favorite singers, relo'd here from NYC a few years ago. Even tho I haven't seen her yet, I have wondered what I would say to her if I did. Corny ---> I love your music! Stupid ----> Hi! Dumb -----> Um are you Cat Power?

So maybe it's better I don't run into her....

1 comment:

hannahsslave said...

Chan is great. I have seen her in concert twice, and am seeing her again next month. I would bet she is more awkward in a meeting than you would be - and there is not a lot of artifice with her.