Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Frock Stars!

Bruni on the Brits, a report from my UK correspondent 'peewee'

It has been reported that Britain is apparantly a nation of cross-dressers, according to France's First Lady, ex-catwalk, nudie & glamour model Carla Bruni. She said; "I like British men very much because they accept their femininity. I adore this thing that comes from the theatre centuries ago where the roles of women were all played by men. I think this idea of dressing up as a woman is great fun. A Frenchman or Italian would never do this."

So, it seems that the international view of the Brits is that we are leading the way for frock stars! Oh Dear! Perhaps I should embrace my country's heritage, as well as your preference for transfoming under-endowed whiteboys into sissies, and try to accept my femininity a little more. I mean, if David Beckham is prepared to wear a sarong to impress Posh Spice, then surely I should be willing to prove my devotion to you, Empress Sara, by tucking my microphallus into a pair of frilly knickers!

Ms Bruni's comments were probably intended to downgrade us. For a nation with an undeniable 'je ne sais quoi', it's surprising how much anglophobia seems to exist in France. Any excuse to run the Brits down. Maybe they're insecure. When Blair was our PM he was accused of fostering a slavish relationship with America, and was dubbed as Bush's poodle by our press. I suppose the French don't want to become a poodle's poodle.

pic of Carla Bruni back in her modeling daze

No comments: